Steps to Take Before Your Appointment:
- Check with your insurance company to see if you require a referral from your primary care physician to see a specialist and make sure you have it with you at the time of your appointment.
- Make sure you have a current insurance ID card (or union card) and a picture ID.
- You can email or fax both sides of your insurance card to our office prior to your appointment to expedite your visit. Please have the original with you at the time of your appointment.
- All intake information can be completed or uploaded online through our patient portal prior to your visit. You will need the following information with you at the time of your visit:
- Prepare the following information for our records:
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of your current physicians
- The names and dosages of all prescription drugs, and over the counter medications, and/or vitamins you take on a regular basis
- The names and addresses of emergency contacts
- For your convenience, you can save time during your visit by faxing them to us prior to your appointment or bring them with you.
- Please note that your co-pay is due at the time of your visit. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Personal check
- VISA/MasterCard/American Express
- Contact our office if you need help getting a referral or would like to discuss a payment plan.
We make every effort to schedule appointments appropriately. We understand that you cannot always plan for travel delays, as New York City is so unpredictable. However, if you arrive late, you can delay the rest of the patients for the rest of the day. We therefore allow a courtesy of up to 30 minutes, but we also ask that you call ahead to let us know you are running behind. If you show up more than 30 minutes late to your appointment you may be subject to a $50 fee. We will make every effort to fit you into the schedule without holding up the other patients.
We do not overbook our schedule and expect that if you make an appointment, once confirmed, you will keep it. If you do not show up for an appointment or cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you will be billed a flat fee of $150. New patients will be billed and existing patients must pay this fee before they can be seen again. Weekends and holidays are not considered in those 24 hours. If you are canceling a Monday morning appointment, you must do so by Friday morning.